
I've been meaning to start this blog for a good while now. A year and a half, to be exact. It all started on Let's See What Happens. It was a communal blog where people pledged to make changes in their lives. One of my pledges was to appreciate a piece of art each day. And it went pretty well for a short time, but then I got lazy and stopped.
The thing is, from the few reviews I wrote, I began to realise how much I love talking about art. Not in a academic way, but in a way that's accessible to everyone. Hopefully. There are so many interesting ideas and interpretations of art out there which are, too often than not, restricted to the world of academia. And I think that's a real shame.
So, the purpose of this blog is quite simply to talk about interesting stuff to do with art. Some of it might be other peoples' ideas/theories, some if it might be my own personal interpretations, but hopefully all of it will be nice to know.
The ideal outcome? You see a work from this blog in a gallery one day and say to whoever you're with, "Did you know that this painting is..." and your friend says, "Wow, that's really interesting. I never thought about it like that."
No comments:
Post a Comment